Movies, News

Jason Reitman Calls New GHOSTBUSTERS A ‘Love Letter’ To The Original

jason-reitman-calls-new-ghostbusters-a-love-letter-to-the-original

A new Ghostbusters film is on its way, from Jason Reitman, who is the son of the original director, Ivan Reitman. The first spooky teaser showed the original vehicle, confirming that it would indeed take place in the original universe, unlike the 2016 reboot.

Reitman was on the Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcastand tried to reassure fans that it would do the original justice.

“This is going to be a love letter to Ghostbusters. I love this franchise. I grew up watching it. I consider myself the first Ghostbusters fan. I was like seven years old when that movie came out and I love it. I want to make a movie for my fellow Ghostbusters fans.”

Reitman says that the studio liked the script right away, there was no red tape or politics to get through.

“I wrote the film in secret with my writing partner Gil Kena. We wrote it over the last year while we were finishing up Frontrunner and we turned it in December. And I have to admit my presumption was it was going to be like any studio film that I had heard about where they do years of rewrites and they grind it into the ground and it never happens. I was fully prepared for this year to be a year of maybe taking a little time off and doing rewrites on Ghostbusters and instead, the studio read the first draft and said, ‘Yeah, go make it.’”

Some of the original cast, such as Ernie Hudson and Dan Aykroyd have been tweeting about it, but nobody is officially confirmed to be in it yet. It feels inevitable that the surviving members of the original movie will show up in some capacity though.

The Ghostbusters sequel already has a release date: July 10, 2020.

Source: Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast

0 Comments

Matt Vernier

Lifelong geek who is passionate about movies. I review things on my blog: https://www.GeekyRegards.com. Find me on Twitter! @MattV525 - Inquiries: Mavern519@gmail.com

%d bloggers like this: