EL FANBOY: ‘The Age of Endless Studio Tinkering- Delays, Reshoots, and Drama, Oh My!’
On this week’s episode of the El Fanboy Podcast, host and Revenge of The Fans Editor-in-Chief Mario-Francisco Robles takes a look at the latest Hollywood craze: Studios Tinkering And Overhauling Their Movies Until The Moment They Arrive In Theaters.
MFR discusses where he thinks this trend began (hint: It’s not with Batman v Superman or Justice League), what he thinks it means to the filmmaking process and to us as consumers of these entertainments, and how it’s all a negative side effect of something most people love: Shared Cinematic Universes.
For this topic, he examines recent examples of large scale overhauls in franchises like Star Wars, the DCU, and the current Fox/X-Men Universe.
Then, in an effort to make up for the lack of a Revengers Podcast this week, MFR invites one of his co-hosts from that show, Brett Miro, onto El Fanboy for a full-blown news segment. But before that, the duo give their non-spoiler impressions of Ready Player One– which they saw together last night as part of a Revengers Watch Party in Queens.
Then, together, they cover all of the week’s top stories, including:
- Ready Player One‘s box office prospects
- The big delays for X-Men: Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants
- Interesting updates on the plot and characters we should expect to see in Deadpool 2
- That unicorn of a movie known as Gambit
- The casting and character possibilities for Pedro Pascal in Wonder Woman 2
- Mark Hamill’s endless “What If?” chatter when it comes to Star Wars, and how disorganized the storytelling structure seems to be at Lucasfilm
- Those Solo rumors regarding the changes Ron Howard needed to implement when he took over for Chris Lord and Phil Miller
You can listen to the latest El Fanboy Podcast, titled “The Age of Endless Studio Tinkering- Delays, Reshoots, and Drama, Oh My!” right here:
Or, better yet, you can subscribe to the El Fanboy Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn, Podbean, and where ever else premium podcasts are found.
Editor-In-Chief and Co-Founder of Revenge of The Fans. Previously, he's written for Latino-Review, IGN, Moviehole, and The Splash Report. In late-2017, with the popularity of his solo endeavor (the El Fanboy Podcast) reaching an all-time high, he decided it was time to launch a proper site for his scoops and analysis. Welcome to RTF!