STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Blu-Ray Release Date and Announcement Trailer Drops
We only have to wait until May until the newest Star Wars movie, Solo: A Star Wars Story gets released. The wait will be made a little easier now that we know Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be available on home media before then.
Lucasfilm has announced that The Last Jedi will be available on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and via Movies Anywhere on March 13th, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand on March 27th.
Here is the trailer (there are some spoilery moments in it if you have not seen the film yet)
The release is loaded with special features too, more so than we’ve seen on other releases.
Here’s the full list of special features including an audio commentary from Rian Johnson:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Will you be picking up The Last Jedi? If so, what format?
Lifelong geek who is passionate about movies. I review things on my blog: https://www.geekyregards.com. I can be found on Twitter @Iceman525 and by email: email@example.com. Almost a Revenger on https://revengeofthefans.com